If the demands of your busy life are preventing you from keeping your house in tip-top shape, then you might want to consider hiring a professional house cleaner.
Life can certainly get hectic between work, errands, spending time with your family and squeezing in the gym or a bike ride to keep fit and sane. We certainly know that cleaning your home may seem like a daunting task at times.
This is why many American’s hire house cleaners, who create a clean, tidy, less stressful environment for them to come home to. But how do you go about finding the right house cleaning service or individual? Take a look at the following tips.
- Meet the house cleaner in person. Before you hire a house cleaner, make sure you feel comfortable having that person in your home. Check references on past work.
- Ask about prices, fees, cancellations. Find out in advance how much a full service will cost, not just the hourly rate. Some companies charge per hour, others per visit or based on square footage. Find out if there is a fee should you have to cancel a cleaning appointment. Also find out if you can hire for a one-time service, or if an ongoing service contract is required.
- Service guarantee. What if you’re not happy with the service? Is there a guarantee? Find out how far in advance you should make your appointment. Some cleaning services operate anywhere from as little as a day to as long as several weeks in advance.
- Decide how you want the service to enter your home. Establish beforehand if the service will use a key, garage code or if a family member or neighbor will let them in.
- Ask about insurance. Does the company maintain proper liability insurance? Is it bonded? Does the company do background checks on employees?
- Consider cleaning agents. Will the company bring its own supplies? Talk about what cleaning agents they use and eco-friendly options available.
- What’s important to you? Talk to the company about what you expect; what you like/dislike. Make any concerns or expectations you have clear upfront.
Be sure to communicate your preferences to the cleaning service—i.e., how you like your dishwasher loaded, what collectibles you’d rather dust yourself—and provide feedback on the job once it’s done. This will ensure an optimal cleaning experience and provide peace of mind that your investment is well worth it.
Need a recommendation for housecleaning?
Source for Tips: Angie’s List