Completing these items prior to vacating your home ensures you will NOT receive phone calls with complaints AFTER CLOSE!
- DO NOT REMOVE any fixtures or window coverings that are attached to the home. (Unless agreed in writing with buyers). These include: light fixtures, hose holders attached to the home, ovens, stove, faucets and cabinets attached to the wall or floor. If in doubt, please ask us.
- Leave keys, garage openers, instruction manuals, warranties and repair receipts in a kitchen drawer. Leave code to alarm system and phone number of any monitoring service if not discontinued. Label items you will need to access easily and place them in separate room or closet.
- Drain outdoor equipment: Water hoses, propane tank from BBQ grill, gas and oil from lawnmowers.
- Schedule with utility companies to have utilities turned on/off as applicable.
- Schedule with cable/internet company to have cable/internet/wifi turned on/off as applicable.
- Conduct a final review of the house, including: attic, stairwells, closets, cupboards, storage, garage, and behind doors.
- Paint used for the interior and exterior of the house should stay, unless otherwise instructed. It would be helpful if you label each can, indicating where it was used. If not labelled, please discard using proper means.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- CLEANING: (If you need a cleaning service, call us for a referral)
- Vacuum/shampoo carpets – Sweep/mop floors
- Clean oven and stove tops
- Clean out your refrigerator and let it air out at least 24 hours before moving.
- Empty and wipe down ALL cabinets, drawers, counters, and sinks.
- Clean showers, tubs, and toilets.
- Sweep garage floor (remove items from shelves and cabinets).
- Remove ALL TRASH (You are responsible before vacating).
- Remove nails and hooks from the walls.
- Wash windows, inside and out
Take the stress out of moving by being organized! Give us a call if there’s anything we can do to assist (775) 432-6300.