The objective of the final walk through is to:
- Confirm the work the seller has agreed to do has been done
- Ensure the home is in the same condition as when you originally wrote your offer (ie. Nothing has been broken or damaged since we entered escrow)
- Ask the sellers any questions about the operations of the home.
It is good to have a list of questions prior to the final walk through. The following is a guideline of possible questions to ask the seller. Add to or alter the list as you see fit.
Questions to Ask the Seller
- Was the work you asked the seller to do complete? Ask the seller to show you and/or provide receipts.
- When is garbage day?
- How does the sprinkler system operate?
- How does the heater operate?
- How do the appliances work? Are there manuals?
- Where is the Mailbox located?
- Which telephone service does the seller currently use?
- When did the seller schedule to have the services discontinued?
- Is there an alarm system? If so, which company is it through? How does it operate?
- How does the hot tub / pool work? How are they maintained?