With all the mail, email, and unsolicited phone calls, it is becoming more and more difficult to determine what is legitimate and what might be a scam! Scammers often utilize public information as well as our online internet activities to take advantage of us.
During this this 90 minute panel event featuring local Northern Nevada experts, we learn about different types of scams, and how to detect and avoid them.
- Whitney Digesti, Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General
- Steve Kline, Postal Inspector, United States Postal Inspection Service
- Michelle Newman, Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General
- Josh Swanson, Detective, Criminal Investigations Unit, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
- AARP Fraud Watch Network Helpline: 877-908-3360 | https://www.aarp.org/fraudwatchnetwork
- Better Business Bureau – Scam Tracker: https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker
- Office of the Nevada Attorney General: http://ag.nv.gov