We are committed to easing the stress of making a move. For our clientele who are making the move late-in-life, we know the transition can be taxing both mentally and physically.
Certified Senior Housing Professionals (CSHPs) are specialists who know that in order to best serve the distinct late-in-life transition needs of senior adults, they need to surround themselves with a resource team of trusted professionals. That is why we each earned our CSHP designation.
We understand the complexities of a late-in-life move and fully appreciate the fears, concerns, needs and goals of our clientele – not just those related to moving or selling a beloved home.
While our profession is selling real estate, we are fully equipped to serve as both a guide and a consultant, providing referrals as well as personal service from start to finish.
CSHPs can be counted on for a lot. In particular:
- CSHPs recognize and appreciate that a move involves both physical and emotional energy. Late-in-life moves frequently include extenuating circumstances which require a special skill-set and mind-set.
- CSHPs are well informed about the various senior housing options available in their communities. They collaborate with appropriate professionals in all housing arenas to ensure that seniors are informed about all available real estate and senior living community options.
- CSHPs know that the term, “senior” encompasses a broad age range and that each person within the senior demographic is an individual and is to be viewed as such. Rather than basing one’s services on age, CSHPs base their services on the needs, desires, lifestyle choices, and unique circumstances of each client.
- CSHPs appreciate and recognize that although senior clients are typically capable and equipped to make well-informed decisions, some seniors may choose to consult with family, friends, or seek legal advice. CSHPs are trained to collaborate and work within these complex relationships.
- CSHPs understand the delicacy of certain situations and take the time and steps necessary to successfully assist elder clients in their move from one living arrangement to another. Sometimes this may mean a move from a larger, long-time family residence to a smaller more manageable space in another city, or it may mean from one apartment to another in the same community, or untold other possibilities.
- CSHPs appreciate that senior-related moves are unique and often require communication within a larger family unit as well as the involvement of multiple professionals from various fields. They surround themselves with a strategic alliance of trusted professionals in order to best serve the client’s needs.
- CSHPs approach the real estate transaction from two perspectives: the relational and the transactional. They acknowledge that there may be a sentimental component, as well as a financial component that drives decision making, and that often times those two factors are intertwined.
If you or a loved one are considering a late-in-life move, call us at 775-432-6300. We have the resources and guidance to make your move as smooth as possible.