Step 4 – Plan on working with professionals
Working with experienced, reliable professionals throughout the entire downsizing process is the surest way to ensure a smooth transition. Not only does Junell Home Selling Team have an extensive referral network of reputable professionals, but in most cases we can also help coordinate and oversee their work on your behalf.
|Estate Liquidator||Home Repair Contractor||Attorney|
|Professional Packer||Pest Control Specialist||Financial Planner|
|Mover||House Cleaning Services||Insurance Agent|
|Mortgage Lender||Interior Decorator||Financial Institution|
|Title Company||Home Inspector|
You’ll find over 40 useful tips in our “Downsizing made easy” guide when it comes to needing to hire help in the following areas:
- Tips for hiring estate liquidators
- Tips for hiring movers—and questions to ask
- Tips for hiring REALTORS®
- Tips for hiring home repair contractors
- Tips for hiring a move manager
Considerations when hiring professionals
- Interview a minimum of three people/companies in each field when possible.
- This is not the time when “cheaper is better.” Make your selections based on service delivery, reputation, references, and whether or not they can meet your needs. You most often get what you pay for.
- Fees should be in line with local norms. Highly inflated fees should be questioned and should be justified with the services offered.
- Ask for references. When talking to those references, ask, “Would you use their services again, and if so, what would you have them do differently?” Pass your findings along to the service provider.
Request your complimentary “Downsizing made easy” guide today.
• includes worksheets, checklists, tips and more.
Team Junell is authorized by the Seniors Real Estate Institute to utilize, promote, and distribute the Downsizing Made Easy Guide as a licensee of the Downsizing Made Easy Presentation System. All materials are copyrighted by the Seniors Real Estate Institute and Nikki Buckelew, author.