No matter if you are downsizing or rightsizing, retiring into an active lifestyle community, relocating mom and dad or transitioning a loved one into assisted living or memory care, they all have similar elements of an emotional and many times stressful transition into a new stage of life.
We are here to help you move forward confidently and with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are fully supported by a team of people who not only care about you, but who have helped hundreds of others through moves just like yours. We can help with:
- Deciding on what to take
- Guidance on furniture that will fit into your new floor plan
- Sorting household treasures
- Helping with no longer needed belongings
- Arranging for sale of household items
- Arranging for the shipping of items to family members
- Donating leftover items and hauling trash
- Making moving arrangements
- Supervise professional packing
- Orchestrating move day
- Unpacking & resettling
- Setting up your new home
- Hanging of artwork, pictures, mirrors
- Removal and recycling of boxes and paper
- Arranging for the cleaning of the former house & any needed repairs
- Staging the house for sale
- Arranging real estate house sale
We understand that making a move can sometimes feel both complicated and stressful, especially if you have lived in the same home for many years. That’s exactly why our team of experts has taken extra steps to develop services and resources designed to remove the overwhelm from the post-retirement relocation process, leaving you feeling equipped, empowered, and supported as you make these important lifestyle changes.
We pride ourselves in getting our clients moved from their existing residence to their next one — healthy and happy.
Preparing a home for sale can be a very emotional time for both the children of a senior and/or the senior themselves. We are very versed in the emotional aspect of the emotional move versus the actual physical move and can help make this time of transition easier on all involved.
House Preparation and Staging
- Guidance on any improvements that may help maximize financial return from the sale of the house while at the same time balancing the needs of the owner, especially if a senior will still be in the house while it is being sold (Note: improvements aren’t always the best advice or necessary)
- Carpet cleaning or replacement
- Painting of Interior/Exterior if needed
- Window Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Any needed home inspections
Marketing and Sale of the House
- In depth analysis and consultation on property value
- Extensive marketing plan
- Daily prospecting for buyer(s)
- Ongoing communication with owner and/or any other appropriate persons
- Coordination of showings to buyers
- Negotiation of Agreements
- Coordination of any maintenance until the house is sold
- Ensuring a hassle free, timely closing of the sale
We offer a complimentary one-hour consultation and are available to assist families, individuals, attorneys, conservators, and estate planners with sorting, downsizing, moving and dispersing estates.
You can reach us at (775) 432-6300.
Proud member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers.