You might be surprised to learn that more than half of adults in the United States say they use some form of alternative medicine.
What once might have been considered by some as fringe medicine, is now becoming mainstream for very good reason.
With more research and doctor tested alternatives to conventional mainstream western medicine, we now have more options available for both treating and preventing illness as well as enhancing our ongoing health and well being.
- So, what exactly is alternative medicine and how might it benefit us as we age?
- What are the major types of complementary and alternative medicine?
- Are there alternative medical products or services that we should be wary of?
- How do we know what is tested and safe?
Learn the answers to these questions and more as we better understand how we all can combine the best of Western, Eastern and Integrative Medicine during this 90-minute seminar.
- Leslie Baker, PharmD., Director, Geriatric Pharmacy Services, Sanford Center for Aging,School of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno
- Dr. Howard Chen, MD, Integrative Medicine Physician, The Chen Center